Your primary role will be to help us develop tools for the AEC industry and you will need to be confident in educating the AEC industry to help drive change. You will be required to actively collaborate with our clients to not just do things better, but to do better things. This is a client facing role and so a combination of both exceptional technical and communication skills are required. You will be working with a range of stakeholders so the ability to build key relationships is vital.
This role is ideal for an experienced Computational BIM Specialist or Software Programmer looking to progress their career in a highly innovative field. Ideally you will have a tertiary education in Architecture, Engineering or Software Development and have extensive experience in computational design and BIM.
The successful candidate will have extensive expertise using Python and C# to develop custom tools and plug-ins for both Revit and Rhino. Experience with computational design and BIM is a must, as well as proficiency using Revit, Dynamo, Rhino, and Grasshopper.
Full-time, Part-time, or Contract.
Sydney is preferred however we will consider candidates located in Brisbane or Melbourne. Our office is in a refurbished brick warehouse located in Chippendale just 5 minutes’ walk from Central Station. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and our office includes: weekly wellness sessions, arcade games, a podcast studio, maker space, an outdoor basketball court, and of course ping pong.
• Develop and deliver high-quality software applications;
• Utilise computational design to support and improve project solutions;
• Support our existing client base and their teams;
• Engaged with the AEC community through industry conferences and presentations; and
• Investigate new tools and methodologies.
• 5+ years of professional experience working in the AEC industry utilising computational design and BIM;
• 3+ years of software development experience using C#, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), IronPython and the .NET framework;
• Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Dynamo, McNeal Rhinoceros and Grasshopper;
• Strong knowledge of the Revit API, RhinoCommon and Grasshopper SDK’s;
• Experience to build and deploy Revit and Rhino plug-ins;
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to apply geometric, mathematical and computer science concepts to solve building design problems;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build key relationships with a range of stakeholders; and
• Self-motivated, proactive and able to self-manage.
• Experience of Autodesk Forge API;
• Experience working with Dassult Catia, xGenerativeDesign, Solidworks and/or Graphisoft ArchiCAD;
• Experience with JSON and XML data formats;
• Experience with CSS web development;
• Registered Architect or Engineer; and/or
• Knowledge of the National Construction Code (NCC).
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Computational BIM specialist/Software programmer’. Your application should be less than 10Mb and include: CV, cover letter outlining your suitability for the role; and, a portfolio that best illustrates your capabilities relevant to the role.
Note that a permanent residency visa or Australian citizenship required.
All emails from recruiters will be ignored.