Parametric Monkey recognises the importance of privacy protection. This policy governs how we gather, use, and manage personal information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information broadly means information or an opinion about you if you are identified or from which you are reasonably identifiable to us.
Personal Information we collect
Parametric Monkey collects personal information about our clients, individuals associated with or employed by our clients, job applicants, our business and professional contacts, and our suppliers. We also collect information about our past and current employees which we handle in accordance with this policy unless it is exempt. The types of personal information we may collect about you includes:
- Your name, title, personal and/or professional contact details such as email, mobile phone number and address (and if you are our employee, your home contact details)
- Details of the organisation that you work for or represent, your position, and areas of interest
- Bank or payment details
- Resumes and references
- For job applicants, your skills, qualifications, languages spoken, professional memberships or accreditations, interests, employment history, personal references and past responsibilities
- Your IP address and browser type.
How we collect Personal Information
Where practicable, we will collect your personal information directly from you including when you visit our studio or website, follow us through our social media accounts, when you contact us by email, phone or post and in the course of doing business with you. We may also collect your personal information from third parties, such as your employer where they nominate you as their contact or representative.
Where practicable and lawful, you can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However in many circumstances, if we do not collect the personal information we have asked for then we may not be able to provide our professional services, properly manage our business relationship with you, respond to your enquiries, pay your invoice or consider your job application.
How we use and Discloses Personal Information
We use your personal information that we collect to:
- Provide you with our professional services
- Manage our relationship with you and/or the organisation you represent
- Assess your job application
- Send you our online newsletter
- Respond to enquiries and complaints
- Market and promote our services to you
- Help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website
- Track your visits to or from our website and to help us understand our visitors’ needs related to our website design
- Comply with our legal statutory and contractual obligations.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To your employer or the organisation you represent
- Our subcontractors and service providers.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing
We may send direct marketing communications to you via email. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications in the future, you may opt-out at any time. To opt-out, please follow the instructions in our emails.
Protecting Personal Information
Parametric Monkey takes into account security and confidentiality when handling personal information in both the physical and electronic environment. Generally we hold personal information electronically in our databases located in various locations around the globe. We have security measures in place that ensure only authorised users can access this information. We also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information that we hold when we no longer need it for a purpose for which we may use or disclose it.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about. We may need to verify your identity to respond to your request. We will respond to any request within a reasonable period and will generally give access unless an exemption applies to that information under applicable privacy laws. We may need to charge you for our reasonable costs of giving access to your information. If we refuse your request, we will write to you to explain why and how you can make a complaint about our decision.
If your details change, or you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, or irrelevant or misleading you may ask us to update or correct it. We may need to verify your identity first. If we refuse your request, we will write to you to explain why and how you can make a complaint about our decision.
You can make a request for access or correction by contacting us on the details below.
If you are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate your complaint and do our best to resolve it. We will respond to you within a reasonable period time and generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may be able to refer your complaint to your local data protection regulator or privacy commissioner.